Edenfield Village Residents Association
Minutes of meeting held on Wednesday 17thJuly, 2019.
Chairman opened the meeting by welcoming everyone present along with Angela who was attending for the first time.
Minutes of the previous meeting were agreed with no matters arising.
Election of Officers
The following Officers were proposed, seconded and unanimously voted to stand for the following year.
David Fisher Treasurer
Mark Welsh Vice Chairman
Paul Bradburn Chairman
RBC had now submitted nearly all the information requested by Inspectors. The Inspectors had confirmed that the public examination would start on 24thSeptember and details were available on the RBC Website. MIQ’s (Matters, issues and questions) had been issued to all Representors including ECNF and EVRA. Hearing Statements have to be submitted by 30thAugust, 2019. Taylor Wimpey had been carrying out site surveys on their land to the west of Market Street. ECNF had commissioned a highways study to report on the impact of the proposed increase in housing on the local roads.
Banners and posters are being arranged to raise awareness prior to the public examination.
The draft design codes prepared by AECOM are expected by the end of the week. Draft policies are now nearly complete. There will be a meeting with the RBC Planning on 30thJuly, 2019, to present progress to date.
It was very disappointing that the Fete had been cancelled as it had been an opportunity to consult with residents. A consultation event with residents is now being planned for early August. EVRA members volunteered to assist with the distribution of notification leaflets. This will be followed later in the month by consultation with land owners and others.
Edenfield in Bloom
In the absence of BP no report was given. Chairman advised that B & SP are leaving the Village. BP has driven the Edenfield in Bloom project from the start but after the present year a replacement will need to be sought. The gardens will be judged shortly by BP and CW.
A member from the Horticultural Society could be asked if they would be interesting in judging EIB after this year with the help of CW. To be further considered.
Discussion ensued regarding sites in the Village e.g. Memorial Garden (where some work has been carried out currently by the Horticultural Society) and Sparrow Park which is in great need of
maintenance. JM will speak to PD to ascertain the views of the Horticultural Society.
Decision taken not to progress this idea.
LS reported that she still had the ‘Barrow of Booze’ which can be used for a future event.
IL advised that the Forum were intending to hold a fund raising event later in the year and asked for ideas. Discussion ensued regarding various options for a family event at the Community Centre. Colin informed meeting of a cycling event to take place in September which should bring large numbers through the village. Further consideration was to be given by the Forum of holding the family event on the same day. Further details to follow.
The treasurer presented up to date report.
JM requested a small donation be made to a young girl, from the Village, who had booked a stall on the Fete to raise funds for a Scout Jamboree. A donation of £20 was agreed – JM to advise Treasurer of the details.
IL thanked EVRA for the donation to the Forum.
Any Other Business
JJ and JM are setting up a Friendship Club, for the five Tuesday’s throughout the School holiday, 1pm to 4pm in the Community Centre. Letters have been circulated to all attendees of the Senior’s Afternoon Tea, posters have been displayed along with the use of social media. It will be a place of welcome, with games, coffee and sandwiches, etc. A small charge of £3.00 per head will be charged to cover the hire of the Community Centre.
The Group cannot be run in term time but an alternative venue will be considered. It was highlighted that, from September, Toddler Group will no longer be held at the School.
Date of next meeting 18thSeptember, 2019.
Please note there will be no meeting held in August.