EVRA – Meeting minutes 17.04.19
17th April 2019
Matters arising: No Matters arising
Fell Race: 2nd June, 10.30am. CH & GH are retiring from organising the fell race. CH introduced MC who would be taking over. PB to contact the Rostron Arms regarding use of car park and will contact the land owners and United Utilities. MC to re-organise the start of the race due to congestion at the top of Gincroft Lane. One of the options he suggested would be a full lap of the cricket field.
AD volunteered to help as a marshal. CH asked for a small donation to Rossendale Harriers to cover sundries. CH to collect trophies from last year’s winners.
PB to check with AC regarding medals/trophies. CH thought that the attendance of Mountain Rescue was not absolutely necessary but if they do attend a donation would be made.
Green Belt/Forum: IL reported that RBC had submitted the Draft Local Plan to the Planning Inspectorate on 25th March. Inspectors Katie Child and Luke Fleming had been appointed and the Programme Officer is Tony Blackburn. As yet no date had been set for the public examination.
The Forum Management Committee were close to finalising the drafts of the main components of the Neighbourhood Plan. The consultants appointed by Locality, AECOM, to prepare design codes for inclusion in the Plan had started work.
Edenfield in Bloom: Nothing to report.
Fingerpost Garden: Nothing to report
Special General Meeting: PB advised that notice had already been given for a Special General Meeting to be held on 3rd May to consider a proposed change to the constitution.
Secret Garden: A grant has been awarded from Tesco of £3000.
Cricket Match: MW to organise a team. JM asked for donations of prizes for the raffle for the Forum.
Litter Pick: Sunday 12th May JM reported that the litter pick will commence at 2pm from the Community Centre. Equipment will be provided and people will work in pairs. Refreshments will be provided later at the Community Centre. RBC will collect the litter bags.
Newsletter: The meeting agreed to deliver the Forum’s newsletter along with EVRA’snewsletter.
Treasurer’s Report: David reported he is in the process of arranging the insurance for the fete and will report back at the next meeting. Bank total: £6065.00 Cash: £175.00.
Fete: PB is waiting to hear about the climbing wall.
PB has arranged a fete sub-committee meeting for Tuesday 30th April.
PB to check with CD regarding the size of the gazebo for the bar.
MK to organise skip and hay bales (a few more than last year needed).
LS. asked for booze donations for the wheelbarrow. Liz volunteered to pick up or for people to drop off bottles at her home.
BBQ – It was decided that 200 burgers and 200 sausages would be ordered. LL and AB asked for more volunteer onion choppers this year.
Race for children and adults – suggestions were discussed and these will be further discussed and organised by the fete subcommittee.
Dog show – a volunteer judge is still required.
PB asked for help to load up on Friday 7th June at 7pm at Bleakholt. PB to arrange transport.
Lancashire Scaffolding to provide the stage – PB to book.
Sound system has been booked.
PA system to be separate from sound system. DF to contact. If there are any problems IL to contact MW.
Sky Circus Arts, Rochdale have been booked
KS asked for help with cream teas.
AW. to organise Prosecco.
SH is to be asked to approached to do coconut shy
Any Other Business: JM asked about the removal of tyres from the Community Centre car park. It may be possible to use the skip for the fete. (MK to clarify)
BP asked if we could contact the Police regarding vehicles speeding through Edenfield. PB to contact the Police.
Next meeting Wednesday 15th May at 7.30pm at Edenfield Cricket Club
Set Date for AGM June 19th 2019 at 7.30 pm followed by full committee meeting