EVRA – Meeting minutes – February 2019
Chairman welcomed everyone and the minutes of the previous meeting were agreed. It was noted that MK had given her apologies for the January meeting.
JM advised that she had spoken to the Builder regarding the missing Public Footpath sign at the end of Bond Street by the former Methodist Church. Two local residents had now re-instated the sign.
Ian advised that RBC would submit their proposals to the Planning Inspectorate this month (February). Based on this the Public Examination would be in June. The Planning Inspectorate Report was anticipated in November with the final report by the Council in March, 2020.
The stability of the land running along the eastern side of the by-pass has been highlighted by Highways England who have advised RBC that a comprehensive site survey, and geotechnical assessment, should be carried out before any planning decisions relating to this land.
A fund raising quiz for Forum funds was proposed for the 27thApril, 2019. Fund raising is essential to help to cover the cost of the Consultants help and advice.
The issue of the hire/purchase of glasses was to be considered.
Edenfield in Bloom – Nothing to report.
Discussion ensued regarding the current legislation concerning data protection when it was agreed that a form would be sent, by e mail, to all members on the Association’s database. The Association would require permission to hold personal information ie email addresses, relating to any person on the database. However, if anyone gives us their name and contact details then, under the legislation, they are deemed to have given us their consent to be contacted by us. If, at any future date, they decide that they do not wish to be contacted again they should inform the Chairman and all their details will be deleted from our database and no further contact with them will be initiated by EVRA.
The script on the attendance sheet will have to be amended in order to advise everyone that, by giving their details, they are giving their consent to be contacted.
The training session held on the 19thFebruary, had been very successful with 18 attendees. A further session was planned for later in the year. A session will only be viable if 20 people wish to attend.
A Litter Pick was to be held on Sunday 12thMay, starting at 2pm, meeting at the Community Centre. EVRA, Church, Brownies and Guides would be attending along with anyone from the Village who wishes to help. Equipment will be provided along with refreshments. Further information is available from JM.
Race Organisers, KH and GH, from Turn Village, have two volunteers willing to shadow them this year, with a view to taking over. Meeting acknowledged the great contribution made by KH and GH over the year in organising this event which is incorporated within the Fell Runners Association Calendar. Cricket Club is booked. Mountain Rescue to be booked.
Discussions regarding Fete organisation summarised as follows:
Anne Cheetham has information regarding Army Cadets.
Bouncy Castle, Mini Bikes, Punch and Judy, School PTA Face Painting and Tattoos, Hula Hoopers, Karate Club booked
Music Groups are being investigated.
Chairman to book Sound System and staging, Field and Event forms to be completed. Mayor to be invited.
MK to ask SM to book Das Ringmaesters if possible.
Pricing/Entrance fees/ Cream Teas (50) etc to be further discussed by Fete Sub Committee
King Bouncelot and Fairground Organ would not be present this year.
Circus Act – Liz S to advise on progress.
Forum to hold a Tombola.
JM confirmed a Notice had been placed at various locations within the Village appealing for people to help at the Fete. Anyone interested should contact the Chairman.
Any other business
Fingerpost Gardens have been cleared and bulbs are starting to appear.
Secret Garden Simon advised that the Tesco Reward System was going well and the winner will be notified at the end of February. It is hoped work will begin in the Spring.
Meeting closed at 9pm
Date of next meeting 20thMarch, 2019, at 7.30pm at Edenfield C.C.