EVRA meeting minutes June 2019
Edenfield Village Residents Association
Minutes of meeting held at Edenfield Cricket Club
on Wednesday 19th June at 7.30pm 2019
Present – 10
Apologies – 12
Minutes of last meeting There were no matters arising.
Greenbelt /Forum Report
Acom held a meeting with eleven representatives from the Forum at the Cricket Club on Monday the 3rd June, they made a presentation and carried out a question and answer session to enable them to fine tune their Design Code Report. We expect to receive a draft of the report at the end of the month.
Grants. (Locality & RBC.)
We have received confirmation of the approval of the Technical Grant from Locality which should cover the majority of the costs for the Neighbourhood Plan.
RBC has also confirmed they have approved our request for a Grant of £500 for Newsletters etc.
Taylor Wimpey. We received an email from Pegasus on the 7th June on behalf of T.W. as follows:-“I am writing to inform you that Taylor Wimpey will be commencing Site Investigation surveys on their land west of Market Street next week.
This is part of the due diligence process to inform the Local Plan EiP later this year and a potential future planning application on the site, subject to the site’s allocation.
We wanted to make you aware in case anyone reported seeing equipment/ vehicles on site and thought construction work was under way.”
We are putting photographs illustrating TW’s site examination work on our Facebook page with a view to improving the awareness of the developments and hopefully to gain more support for the Forum
We had hoped to carry out a Consultation with regards to the Neighbourhood Plan at the Fete to discuss our Vision Statement, Draft Policies and Policy Themes along with the proposals for Green Spaces, Key Views and the Edenfield Factbook.
We are now trying to arrange a Coffee Morning in July/ August to enable us to carry out the Consultation and at the same time raise more funds to assist with our challenges to the Local Plan.
We are continuing to prepare the challenges to the Local Plan which will be submitted as Statements to the Planning Inspectorate’s Examination. The examination is scheduled to commence on the 23rd September and run for three weeks.We intend to make a robust challenge to the use of our valuable and irreplaceable Green Belt along with a secondary challenge to the Transport Studies already put forward by Mott MacDonald & Croft. We are targeting to appoint a Highways Consultant later this week. A traffic survey could cost up to £7,000, a cost which must be borne by the Forum.
Edenfield in Bloom – Nil to report
Fingerpost Gardens- Nil to report
Fete Cancellation We discussed the possibility and desirability of staging a lesser event, like a simple family fun day with races, raffles and cakes. Opinion was divided on the idea and it was suggested that the people who are interested in organising an event get together and create a proposal to be discussed at the next meeting . The Sunday of August Bank Holiday was suggested as a possible date.
Fell Race This was a great success and some payment still needs to be made to Fell Rescue for their safety cover. £1 of the entrance fee per person is earmarked for fell rescue, and this year the figure amounted to £136. It was suggested that EVRA top this up to £250. Kath and Geogg Hignett have organised this race for the last 10 years and are now stepping down and it was suggested they be given a £100 voucher for a meal at Nutters or similar, in recognition of and thanks for all their work.
Treasurer outlined the outlay for painting prizes, medals and the fell race prizes from EVRA funds, there is still a donation to go to the Fingerpost Gardens. Discussion followed concerning EVRA’s management of the funding stream from Tesco towards the Secret Garden . PB will discuss with SH on how we can ensure the project is completed within budget and not leave EVRA in deficit.
Any Other Business
JJ and JM mentioned that they are running a pilot project for the community on Tuesdays from 1pm-4pm, beginning July 30th through 5 weeks of the summer providing sandwiches and cake, coffee and tea in the community centre, suggesting that people would donate £3 towards the cost of the rent for the centre. Janice and Jennie will publicise this by handing out invitations, and Mel will advertise in our Facebook page.
Neighbourhood Forum . The need for cash is very pressing and Paul suggested a donation of £200 from EVRA to support their efforts, which was agreed.
There was no other business
Next meeting to held at 7.30 pm on Wednesday July 17th 2019 at Edenfield Cricket Club