EVRA – meeting minutes – November 2018
In attendance:- 18
- The chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.
- Apologies for absence: 3
- The Minutes of the Previous Meeting held on 17thOctober 2018 were accepted unanimously after amending the ‘monies in bank’
- Greenbelt/Forum Report –IL reported that RBC had now published on their website all the representations they had received in response to the Draft Local Plan. There were 556 respondents with 817 comments but it is not yet known how many of these relate to Edenfield. The Forum is one of the respondents and it is noted that it is supported by 1,213 people. Other representations had been received from Taylor Wimpey, the Methodist Church and Peel Holdings, all of which supported the release for development of Green Belt land in Edenfield. Representations from Highways England and Lancashire County Council included comments on the traffic issues resulting from the proposed developments in Edenfield.
If there are no major amendments to the Draft Local Plan it is still intended that this will be submitted by RBC to the Planning Inspectorate early in 2019. The Forum is continuing to work on the draft Neighbourhood Plan for the village and it is hoped that there will be informal consultation with residents and other interested parties early in 2019.
Fund raising is continuing with a Quiz Night on 24th November and a leaflet drop to all houses in the village requesting donations.
- Review of Seniors’ Afternoon Tea– The event went well with 38 attendees. Paul thanked Colin, Choi, Moira and staff. Colin thanked all the committee members who had helped. A donation has been received from Peel Management. PB proposed payment at the rate of £6 per head, and this was agreed. Colin agreed to host the 2019 event.
- Review of Remembrance Service –There was a good turnout with favourable weather. PB thanked MW and all helpers. It was the Rev. Dr. J Illsley’s last Remembrance Service for us, so PB agreed to write to thank him for officiating over several years. JM to confirm the exact number.
- Review of Edenfield in Bloom Presentation – The presentation went well but the percentage of winners in attendance was low. Paul said that thanks were due to BP, CW and SP for all their efforts.
- Carols in the Churchyard –Friday 21stDecember at 7.30pm. Ian reported that mulled wine, tables and Goodshaw Band were all arranged. DF to let IL have money for the band prior to the event. Everyone agreed that two sets of four carols was just about right.
- Fête sub Committee –PB, DF, LS, AW and MW to meet on Wednesday 9thJanuary 2019 at 8pm. The fête will be held on Saturday 8thJune 2019.
- Defibrillator Training – Over 20 names for the next training session and he is liaising with Dawn from the first responders regarding a date and venue.
- a) Mosaics in Memorial Garden –JM gave DM about 60 tiles some time ago. He had agreed to replace them and treat the area to try to prevent further damage. However, no work has been done yet, and LL has about 30 more tiles which have become dislodged. JJ will speak to DM. In the meantime, LL will give the additional tiles to LS who will see if there is anything that she can do.
- b) Market Place Wall –The wall needs re-pointing and fitting with some fixings for banners. JJ will speak to DM.
- c) Painting of Mini-Roundabout –JJ will log this as an issue on the LCC website, but asked everyone else to do the same because it is likely to help to raise the priority.
- Treasurer’s Report –David reported outgoings of £536 due to Edenfield in Bloom, Remembrance, Seniors’ Afternoon Tea, and printing/printing supplies.Donations of £10 and £250 have been received. Monies in bank stand at £6634, with £106 cash in hand.
- Any Other Business –
- PB will speak to Sergeant Leach again re speeding.
- Traffic leaving the Horse and Jockey building site was leaving a lot of mud on the road. PB said that the contractors have a responsibility to deal with this, and he will log the problem on the Police website.
- LS said that the Parks Dept had planted an ‘Everest’ crab apple tree at the Fingerpost Gardenswhich should bear white blossom in Spring. This was at no cost to us. They are looking at the possibility of another tree.
- JJ reported on a meeting about updating the Childrens’ Play Areaheld earlier that evening, attended by herself, PB, DF, FK, and Rachel from Proffit’s. The current idea is that the existing playground for young children will stay, with a provision for older children on the Chatterton Hey side of the bottom of the Recreation Ground. There would be a contract between the Council, Proffit’s and EVRA, and nothing could happen until funding was in place. This would be phase 1, with a future phase, including proper drainage of the Recreation Ground, being part of the Neighbourhood Plan. A consultation with older children will take place.
- LL asked that we recommence using the EVRA letterheadas there had been no reason to stop using it.The letterhead is a drawing of the area of the Corner House in Market Place as it was when EVRA was founded in 1977. Paul agreed to incorporate it in future letters. Liz L will supply a copy.
- PB wished everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Date of next meeting – Wednesday 16thJanuary 2019 at 7.30pm.