EVRA – meeting minutes – October 2018
In attendance:- 12
The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.
Apologies for absence: 7
The minutes of the previous meeting held on 19th September 2018 were accepted unanimously.
Greenbelt/Neighbourhood Forum- Ian reported that their consultants had submitted a detailed representation to the Draft Local Plan on behalf ECNF. It was supported by 1,213 people including 898 Edenfield residents. Some residents had also submitted their own representations but it is not yet known how many. Ian thanked members of EVRA for their assistance particularly in distributing leaflets. RBC should publish all the representations they have received soon. RBC intends to submit the Draft Plan and all the representations to the Planning Inspectorate early in 2019 and public examinations will then be held about three months later. Work is continuing on the drafting of the Neighbourhood Plan. Future fund raising events are a Coffee Morning on 20th October and a Quiz Night on 24th November.
Fell Race – CH had asked PB to fix a date. The meeting agreed the date for the fell race will be Sunday 2nd June 2019 although it is not yet known if the Cricket Club will be available on that day for the Residents vs ECC match. JM to liaise with Cricket Club. The date for the fete is Saturday 8th June 2019.
Senior Citizens’ Afternoon Tea – Thurs. 25th October at the Drop Off Café from 2.15 p.m. JL reported that 36 people will be attending the afternoon tea with 3 people requiring transport. PB agreed to arrange the transport. Helpers serving refreshments – 6. The order of events is 1) quiz, 2)food, 3)Tin Pot Poets, 4)tea and cakes, 5)bingo, 6)answers to quiz questions. JL and LL to provide bingo sheets. Prizes for bingo to be donated.
Remembrance Service – Sat. 10th November at 10.45a.m., – Rev. Dr.J.Illsley to officiate. The Mayor, Councillor Anne Kenyon, will be in attendance. MW will represent EVRA. Councillor AC will welcome and provide hospitality for the Mayor. KS will read the poem. Various wreaths will be laid. George Arthur Howarth’sdaughter, Barbara, will also lay a wreath. PB confirmed that the bugler is booked. The hymn chosen for the service is, ‘I Vow to Thee My Country’. After the service,
Refreshments will be served in the Community Centre – EVRA members will provide and serve the tea/coffee.
Poppies – LL reported that the lamppost poppies dedicated to each of the 51 people named on the memorial tablets held in Edenfield Parish Church have now been erected. LL reported that a memorial file has been placed in the Drop Off Café of the soldiers either from Edenfield or connected with Edenfield for people to read. PB thanked LL for all her hard work. JL also thanked all the EVRA members who placed the poppies around the village
Carols in the Churchyard – Friday, 21st December at 7.30 p.m. The brass band has been booked. B&I Lord will organise the mulled wine and tables, LL will organise the mince pies. Colin will make jam jar LED lights for the children. PB to invite the Mayor. MK to organise the collection buckets.
Fingerpost Gardens – LS reported that she is pleased overall with the wild flowers despite the mare’s tails returning. She is in negotiation with David McChesney from RBC regarding the clearing and lining of the square bed and the ordering of a tree. LS is waiting for a progress report and the cost.
10. ‘Edenfield in Bloom’– Prize giving to be held in the Community Centre on Sat. 3rdNovember, 10am to 11.30 am. Mr Keith Iddon, Lancashire County Council Highways, will present the prizes and certificates. The Drop Off Café kindly donated £75 towards‘Edenfield in Bloom’. PB thanked BP and CW for all their hard work organising the event.
11. Purchase of Marquee – the marquee has been purchased for the fete. A discussion followed regarding the hiring out of the marquee. Further discussion needed.
12. Defibrillator Training – to be deferred to the next meeting.
13. Treasurer’s Report – David reported that £200 has been spent on the purchase of the marquee.
14. Any Other Business – LS reported that a number of Police had been spotted in Blackburn Road. PBto ring Sgt Leach regarding speeding traffic through the village. Member asked if EVRA could check with RBC regarding the footpaths outside the new flats in the old Methodist Church on Rochdale Road.
LL confirmed that there are 2 poppies in Stone Pitts. The poppies will stay up until the end of November
Date of next meeting – Wed. 21st November, 2018 at 7.30 p.m.