Edenfield Village Residents Association
Minutes of meeting held on 21st March at 7.30pm
Chairman opened the meeting by welcoming everyone present along with Helen who was attending for the first time.
The Minutes of the previous meeting were agreed with no matters arising.
Plans were ongoing with Kath Hignett organising. Six/seven marshalls were required. Paul to check with Marshalls Quarry re fell race.
Plans are ongoing with no further action at this stage. Jenny M to organise a raffle for EVRA – prizes to be given to JM. Cricket Match is to be included in forthcoming Newsletter. Melanie is to be asked to include item on social media.
Music at the event was discussed when it was confirmed two bands had been booked. Barbara L to enquire re bands appearing at the Whittaker. Paul would follow up with Melanie. Helen would enquire re “Soggy Bottom Girls” doing two half hour sessions (Lancashire music). Youth Orchestra (High School) was suggested. Karate Club to do a demonstration. Mini bikes are not available and there is nothing similar available.
Attractions: King Bouncelot; Cream Teas; Dog Show, Children’s Races; Charity Stalls; Climbing Wall (yet to be confirmed); Bouncy Castle (to be placed in a safe position); Fairground organ; Ice Cream;
Graham will organise tents as last year. Paul to obtain contact numbers along with size of tents being supplied. Colin offered a 3xm x 3m gazebo which was greatly appreciated. A bigger cream tea tent should be considered securely fastened down.
Dave (Rostrons) – Bar. A mobile bar has been discussed but concern was expressed regarding access to the field.
Discussion ensued re charging of attractions, ie Bouncelot, Church, etc, The matter would be reviewed. £130 is paid for the use of the Community Centre. Charities are not asked to pay.
Anne C to be asked to judge Dog Show. Angela W to provide dog treats, prizes etc.
Cream Tea Tent; charge for prosecco to b £3.00 per glass; Paul to look into obtaining plastic flutes from the Rostrons.
Face Painting: Alistair Green from Edenfield School PTA has been contacted but a response was awaited.
Peter H supplying wheelbarrow for raffle, donations invited for bottles and cans. Tickets not to be sold to under 18 year olds. Strong person required for pushing the wheelbarrow – offers to Liz Stooke. Barbara L will organise wheelbarrow raffle with sweets for the children.
Paul is to enquire, with Angela W, re animal petting zoo in Helmshore. Quotes discussed £250 for small animals £7/800 for larger animals. Melanie is looking into the Owls attending. Jason would speak to the Pet Shop in Ramsbottom attending but must be self-contained ; Jason to liaise with Jenny M.
Paul will speak to Frank Hemmings re Coconut Shy and Liz Stooke re bean bags. Amazon was suggested as a possible supplier for the bean bags.
Barbara L is to obtain medals for races.
Considerable discussion ensured regarding a roped area where games could be held for the adults throughout the afternoon. Suggestions were Tug-of-War; Mum and Dad races; Egg and Spoon; 3 legged race; sack race; throwing the wellie etc. Further consideration will be given to this alongside an agreed plan with times, etc.
Liz is to contact Round Table regarding the “Fruit Machine” and gather information.
Paul to speak to Council to request that the field be mowed two weeks before the event.
Subject World Cup/Royal Wedding. Barbara L is to ask Edenfield if they will take part. Angela B will approach Stubbins. Competition will be open to all children in the village (to be included in Newsletter). Name, Age, Tel No. are to be noted on back of each entry.
Greenbelt/Edenfield Community Neighbourhood Forum
Ian L advised that Forum newsletters were being distributed this week to all houses and businesses in Edenfield. It is hoped that this will result in a large increase in membership. Website up and running with a link to the EVRA website. The Consultation by the Council, for designation of the Forum, has started and will run until 9th April. Currently there are 36 responses: 35 for and one against. Supposedly the Council has advised all responders to the Local Plan (who accepted for the Council to hold their personal details) of the Forum’s application for designation but many people do not seem to have received this. The Council expect to receive the completed traffic survey within two weeks.
The Forum have appointed Planning Consultants and a meeting has been held with them and the Council. It is likely that a Neighbourhood Plan would take 12/18 months to be completed and then it must fit into the revised Emerging Local Plan. If the Forum is to significantly influence the number of houses planned for Edenfield in the Local Plan, by reducing the amount of land released from greenbelt, it has to act in the next 6/8 weeks. The Consultants will advise and be very involved in these discussions with the Council.
It is expected that the revised Local Plan will be completed in the next four months when it will go to Consultation Again. The plan will ultimately go to the Planning Inspectorate, in London, who will visit Rossendale and meet with all interested parties. It is important that the Forum attracts as many members as possible so that it is fully representative of the residents of Edenfield. It also needs to raise funds quickly for the initial work to be done by the Consultants so that the Management Committee is available to help cover the costs of preparing a Neighbourhood Plan.
Ian and his team were thanked for the tremendous hard work and time being given to the project which is most appreciated by all.
One successful session held. Further sessions will take place when 20 names have been put forward. Anyone interested speak to Chairman.
Bulbs are now starting to emerge. Planning permission would be needed for a Boulder with a cost of £462 to apply. Jenny M will speak to Stubbins Residents Association re planning permission. Janice is to be contacted for advice.
Edenfield in Bloom:
Approximately £450 was needed but, currently, no funding was available. Barry will speak to Anne C re funding. Colin had received £150 to go to a local charity. It was agreed a split of 50% to the Neighbourhood Forum and Edenfield in Bloom. Colin will liaise with David.
Accounts discussed. Insurance renewal due 1st May, 2018, quote awaited.
Visit arranged for 28th March by PB, JM, MK.
Any Other Business
PB to send card to John Johnson.
A Memorial Scroll had been discovered at the Methodist Church detailing those who served, and fell, in the first World War. To be displayed at the Song of Praise on the 24th March.
Meeting closed at 9.40 p.m. Date of next meeting Wednesday 18th April, 2018.