EVRA September meeting minutes 2019
EDENFIELD VILLAGE RESIDENTS’ ASSOCIATION
MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON WEDNESDAY, 18THSEPTEMBER, 2019
AT 7.30 P.M. AT EDENFIELD C.C.
- The Vice-Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.
- Apologies for absence were received from :- 12
- The minutes of the last meeting held on 18thJuly, 2019 were approved.
- Matters arising from the previous minutes (i) finger-post gardens – LS reported that the problem of mare’s tail’s had arisen, so the square bed which contained them was going to be emptied, re-lined, filled with aggregate to seal it off and possibly two barrel planters could be placed on top filled with colourful plants. (ii) the Vice-Chairman asked for a report on The Friendship Group and was told that this was running very successfully and was now meeting in The Rostron Arms on Tuesday afternoons 1-3 p.m.
- Green Belt – IL reported that the August Forum Newsletter had resulted in an excellent response with over- £5,800 in donations received. In addition the The Tour of Britain event had raised over £700. IL thanked everyone who had taken part in the distribution of Newsletters and the BBQ ,wheel barrow, the forum and the planning consultants had submitted all their Hearing Statements by the 30thAugust deadline. The Hearings will commence on Tuesday, 24thSeptember and run Tuesday to Thursday for three weeks at Futures Park, Bacup. There are nineteen M.I.Q’S (matters, issues and questions) raised by the Inspectors.The Forum will participate in ten of these and observe the others. The Neighbourhood Plan has had to be put on hold for the time being until after the Hearings are finished.
- ‘Edenfield in Bloom’ – BP reported that the judging had been completed; 260 photos’ had been taken and he requested funds from E.V.R.A. for the printing of certificates etc. The presentation of prizes would take place at the Community Centre on Sat. 2ndNovember, 2019.
- ‘Seniors’ afternoon tea – this had been scheduled for 24thOctober but it was felt that the date was too early as it would be publicised on the forthcoming E.V.R.A. Newsletter which would be going out in the middle of October, so a revised date of Thurs. 21stNovember was decided upon.
- Remembrance Service – Sat. 9thNovember at 10.45 a.m. – the service will be led by Rev. Kathy Selby the new Methodist Superintendant and the hymn chosen was Jerusalem. The bugler had been booked and Kath S would read a poem. Refreshments would be served after the service in the Community Centre. The ‘Drop-off Cafe’ were organising a ‘Ride for Remembrance’ on Sun. 10thNovember at 9.00 a.m., with proceeds going to the Royal British Legion.
- ‘Carols in the Churchyard’ – Friday, 20THDecember at 7.30 p.m., the brass band had been booked and the usual mulled wine and mince pies would be served.
- Treasurer’s report – update given
- Any other business – JM had been asked at the last meeting to liaise with Edenfield Horticultural Society to see if they could provide a judge to work alongside Charles White for next year’s ‘Edenfield in Bloom’ competition. They had kindly agreed to put forward Mrs. Dorothy Stewart who is well known for giving horticultural talks, to act in this capacity. The poor condition of ‘Sparrow Park’ at the top of Bolton Road North was also mentioned to them, but they felt they could not commit to helping with this as all their resources were being put into the Memorial Gardens. It was suggested that we may be able to ‘link-up’ with the Civic Pride group and LS said she would invite one of their members to attend our next E.V.R.A. meeting to discuss ideas with them.
Items for forthcoming Newsletter – ‘Seniors’ afternoon tea (with cut-off slip); ‘Edenfield in Bloom’; update on Green Belt; Remembrance Service and ‘Carols round the tree’.
- Date of next meeting Wed. 16thOctober, 2019 at 7.30 p.m.